Vegan Tomato Gnocchi Soup
Recipe created by: Carleigh Bodrug @PlantYou
This nourishing vegan tomato soup with potato gnocchi is packed with veggies and perfect for a cold weather meal.
- Serves: 4 to 6
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil or Water
- 1 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1 Carrot (diced)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Zucchini (diced)
- 1/2 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes (diced)
- 2 tablespoons Take Root Organics™ Tomato Paste
- 14.5 oz can Take Root Organics™ Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 6 cups Vegetable Broth
- 500g Potato Gnocchi
- 1 cup Cashew Cream, Coconut Milk, or Sunflower Seed Cream
- 2 cups Kale (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes to serve
- In a pot over medium heat, add the olive oil, onion, carrot, garlic, zucchini and sun dried tomatoes. Sauté until softened slightly, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add two tablespoons of Tomato Paste, along with the dried parsley and nutritional yeast. Stir until fragrant, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and 14.5 oz can of Diced Tomatoes and cashew cream to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Safely pour in the gnocchi, and heaping handful kale. Stir, and simmer for an additional 5 minutes, until the gnocchi and cooked and the kale is wilted. Best enjoyed immediately. If meal prepping, add the gnocchi before you are ready to eat.