Recipe created by: Wendy & Jess, RDs @Food Heaven
Skillet lasagna is an easy weeknight hack, especially when using canned tomatoes. The lasagna noodles cook in the tomato sauce for a one pan meal ready in just 30 minutes.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 14.5 oz can of Take Root Organics™ Tomato Sauce
- 1 can of water
- 5-8 pieces lasagna noodles (pre-cooked)
- 1/2 pound of ground beef (or plant-based grounds)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1, 8 oz bag of shredded mozzarella
- 8 ounces of ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1-2 cups of finely chopped cauliflower
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Start by sautéing ground beef in a 12-inch skillet for 3 minutes on medium heat. You can also use plant-based grounds, which I use in this video.
- Move the protein to the side and sauté the onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until garlic becomes fragrant. Then mix them both.
- Next, pour in the Canned tomato sauce as a base, then fill the empty can with water and pour that in as well. Toss in the onion and garlic powder, plus salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped cauliflower to the pan, submerging it in the sauce. Break off pieces of lasagna and add them to the pan as well. Press down firmly into the sauce to make sure they are covered. You don’t have to use pre-cooked lasagna because it will cook with tomato sauce.
- Next, add scoops of ricotta cheese and then top with the mozzarella. Reduce heat to simmer and cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.