Pescado En Coco
Recipe created by: Wendy & Jess, RDs @Food Heaven
This comforting coconut fish stew transports you to the Caribbean in less than 30 minutes with a blend of vibrant colors and flavors.
- Serves: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 16 oz cod (or other firm fish) (cut into 1” chunks)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ habanero pepper (seeds removed, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Take Root Organics™ Tomato Paste
- 15 oz can of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup Take Root Organics™ Tomato Sauce
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Season the cod with lemon juice, oregano, paprika and salt, and set aside.
- In a medium pan, heat the olive oil and add the onion, garlic, pepper and Take Root Organics ™ Tomato Paste. Saute over medium heat for 2-3 minutes and then add the coconut milk, maple syrup and Take Root Organics ™ Tomato Sauce.
- Bring to a light boil and add the fish and cook for 7-10 minutes, until flaky and cooked through.
- Top with cilantro and more lemon juice if desired.