Recipe created by: Priyanka Naik
Pave Bhaji is a flavorful and hearty Indian Street food, made with a blend of tomatoes, mixed vegetables and aromatic spices, served alongside toasted rolls. When possible, consider cooking with organically grown and responsibly raised ingredients to benefit the quality of your meal and the health of our planet.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- 1 14.5 oz can Take Root Organics™ Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Take Root Organics™ Tomato Paste
- 1 inch knob Ginger minced
- 4-5 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 serrano chilies minced
- 1 small red Onion
- 1 scallion - minced
- 2 tbsp store bought Pav Bhaji Masala Blend (or homemade) Sub with Garam Masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 cup Frozen mixed vegetables - parboiled
- 2 russet potatoes - peeled and boiled
- 4 tbsp Vegan butter
- 1 tbsp Neutral cooking oil (coconut or grapeseed)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Fresh coriander
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Salt and black pepper
- Toasted Pav (Bread) or any preferred bun to serve it with (burger buns or ciabatta)
- pomegranate and sev to serve (optional)
- Saute ginger, garlic, chili, scallion whites and red onion with 1 tbsp oil in a large nonstick pan for about 4 minutes.
- Add in the Tomato Paste and cook into the aromatics for 2 minutes.
- Add in pav bhaji masala blend, turmeric, chili powder, salt and pepper and mix.
- Next add in Diced Tomatoes, veggies and potatoes. Mix, add water and cover to simmer for 5-10 minutes until everything is softened.
- Uncover, mash until all broken down and add in lime juice and fresh coriander. Taste to adjust for salt.
- Simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in vegan butter to top.
- Serve with toasted bread, fresh lime, pomegranate, coriander and sev (optional)