Recipe created by: Priyanka Naik @chefpriyanka
Pav Bhaji is a flavorful and hearty Indian Street food, made with a blend of tomatoes, mixed vegetables and aromatic spices, served alongside toasted rolls.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- 1 14.5 oz can Take Root Organics™ Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Take Root Organics™ Tomato Paste
- 1 inch knob Ginger minced
- 4-5 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 serrano chilies minced
- 1 small red Onion
- 1 scallion - minced
- 2 tbsp store bought Pav Bhaji Masala Blend (or homemade) sub with Garam Masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables - parboiled
- 2 russet potatoes - peeled and boiled
- 4 tbsp Vegan butter
- 1 tbsp Neutral cooking oil (coconut or grapeseed)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Fresh coriander
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Salt and black pepper
- Toasted Pav (Bread) or any preferred bun to serve it with (burger buns or ciabatta)
- pomegranate and sev to serve (optional)
- Saute ginger, garlic, chili, scallion whites and red onion with 1 tbsp oil in a large nonstick pan for about 4 minutes.
- Add in the Tomato Paste and cook into the aromatics for 2 minutes.
- Add in pav bhaji masala blend, turmeric, chili powder, salt and pepper and mix.
- Next add in Diced Tomatoes, veggies and potatoes. Mix, add water and cover to simmer for 5-10 minutes until everything is softened.
- Uncover, mash until all broken down and add in lime juice and fresh coriander. Taste to adjust for salt.
- Simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in vegan butter to top.
- Serve with toasted bread, fresh lime, pomegranate, coriander and sev (optional)