Homemade Fire Roasted Tomato Salsa
Homemade salsa is especially flavorful when you start with fire roasted tomatoes. Amp up the freshness with add-ins like jicama, avocado or citrus zest.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Makes: 1.5 cups
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Take Root Organics™ Diced Tomatoes Fire Roasted, well drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 1/2 jalapeño, finely chopped (remove seeds for less spicy salsa)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Optional Add-Ins: 1 cup diced avocado, 1/2 cup diced jicama, 1 tsp. grated orange or lime zest
- Coarsely chop tomatoes into pieces no larger than 1/2-inch.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, lime juice, salt and any add-ins in a medium bowl.
- For a smooth salsa, put all ingredients except add-ins in a blender or food processor and pulse to desired consistency.
- Save any drained tomato juices to prepare other dishes such as tomato sauces, roasts, soups, stews, braises, chili, beans, grains, slow cooker dishes and beverages.